Production Supervisor - Weekend Shift
|January 29, 2013 - February 28, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Algood Food Company is recognized throughout the United States as one of the premier packers of private label peanut butter, jellies and preserves. Our main location is located in the Riverport area of Louisville in Jefferson County with a second location in Lawrenceburg in Anderson County, Kentucky.|
Algood Food Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Duties:||A Production Supervisor at Algood Food Company's duties include, but are not limited to:|
• Supervising production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
• Training and coaching production line employees.
• Conducting employee performance reviews.
• Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
• Coordinating production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
• Scheduling and conducting shift meetings.
• Responsible to meet shift production goals.
• Responsible for quality control. Makes adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Rejects product outside of specifications.
• Operates within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
• Communicates with other Shift Supervisors and Production Manager.
• Ensures a clean and safe work area.
• Completing shift paper work on a daily basis.
• Assisting in production as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
This position reports to the Production Superintendent.
|Qualifications:||Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. Experience of at least one year in supervisory or other applicable position. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft products is preferred. Applicant must be able to read, write, perform mathematic calculations, and understand and adhere to good manufacturing practices in a food environment. Applicants must have excellent problem solving abilities and communication skills.|
This position is on the Weekend 1st Shift. Candidates MUST be able to work the following schedule:
Friday: 1:00 am - 1:30 pm
Saturday: 2:00 am - 2:30 pm
Sunday: 3:00 am - 3:30 pm
Must be available for additional hours as needed for meetings, training, etc.
Applicants must pass background check, drug screen, and physical prior to employment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.